Warm Apple Turnover
- 4 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 500g of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of cornflour
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- Egg wash (1 egg beaten with 1 teaspoon water)
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line a baking tray with greaseproof baking paper.
- In a saucepan, heat apples, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and cornflour to the boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer for about 5 minutes or until thickened and the apples are tender. Set it aside to cool slightly.
- Sprinkle work surface lightly with flour. Roll out thawed puff pastry into 15-inch squares then further
cut into 4 smaller squares.
- Brush each square with egg wash and spoon the apple mixture onto the center of each square.
- Fold each in half diagonally to form a triangle and press the edges together to seal them. Use the back of the fork to crimp the edges.
- PLace the uncooked pastries onto the baking tray; brush again with egg wash. Use a sharp knife to cut a few vents into each turnover.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden.